As one of the only voice, speech, and dialect coaches in central Ohio, I am all about meeting your actors where they currently are, working with your production’s creative team to empower each individual actor to approach challenges with confidence and to take ownership of their creative choices.
My focus is on the vocal aspects of the production, and my role is to ensure your actors are clearly understood by the audience and prepared to give their best authentic performances each show. Some challenges actors may face that I can provide support with include: mastering an accent, unlocking the meaning within Shakespeare’s text, and supporting the voice to yell and scream through multiple shows.
If you feel your production could benefit from my coaching, or if you have questions regarding how my involvement can meet your director’s needs, please contact me here!
Classes & Workshops ($250-500)
I believe in giving performers the tools they need to make strong choices on stage. Supported actors can use this training to deepen their personal connection to their work and to experience noticeable growth in their performances. I believe with hard work, receptiveness and drive, my students achieve exciting “Ah-ha!” moments and discover new abilities. My areas of focus include:
Voicework for Stage
Knight-Thompson Speechwork (KTS)
Phonetics Training for Actors and Singers
Accent & Dialect Intensives
Intro - Advanced Acing (Stanislavski and Practical Aesthetics technique)
Singing Actor cross-over
Performing Shakespeare's Text
Vocal anatomy, function and health
Corporate & Business Coaching ($75/hr. -- $45/half hr.)
● Public Speaking & Presentation Prep Great presentations require you to speak with clarity and confidence in order to connect with your audience, whether that’s members of your team, a panel, or a conference. We’ll explore audience engagement through the use of voice using speech techniques and physical exercises so you can bring your best to the front of the room.
Private Coaching ($65/hr. -- $35/half hr.)
I love working with a performer 1-on-1 to create noticeable change and growth in their craft. My goal is to empower you through a strong foundation of breath support and speechwork exploration, so you can have complete ownership of your creative choices. My students range from teenagers discovering the joy of acting to Equity professionals who want to sharpen their skills for their next audition. Regardless of your background, I can help you navigate choices and options to find what is best for your situation.
● Accent & Dialect Coaching If you need to learn a specific accent for an audition or role, I will work with you to speak comfortably in your character’s tongue. With a background in speech science and traditional theatrical voicework, I draw on a number of techniques to develop the nuance of a specific accent.
● Public Speaking Voice training is not just for performance on stage or screen. Communicating in front of a group or via broadcasting can feel intimidating and comes with unique challenges. We’ll work on supporting your voice, expanding your speech and exploring how to feel confident in front of any crowd.
● Audition Preparation I work with actors to feel confident and prepared for their next audition. We will focus on text analysis, speech, voice and character choices in a way that works for you. I work from the Stanislavski and Practical Aesthetics methods, but I am inspired when working with actors who bring different views into the room. I am comfortable working with you in a way that best suits your situation.
● Acting Lessons If you are a beginning actor or someone looking to learn more, we can work together to expand your imagination and deepen your connection to your instrument and the art of acting. I will give you tools to use as an actor that can also be used in your personal growth offstage. As mentioned above, my background is in Stanislavski and Practical Aesthetics, but if you are unfamiliar with these techniques, that’s okay! I enjoy discovering what works for you as a growing actor.